We are seeking an experienced designer with a background in large scale housing, master planning, and working with developers. You will be responsible for producing Feasibility Schemes for a variety of clients including leading plc developers, understanding their individual aspirations in line with the client’s philosophy and design brief. You will liaise with the necessary statutory bodies and stakeholders as required to ensure design concepts can be translated into workable development solutions. Your role will require you to maximize land values through good and innovative design as well as monitor the progress of planning applications and the subsequent release of planning conditions.
Some UK travel will be required as part of this role.
- Prepare hand drawn layouts for viability purposes
- Prepare design led solutions to all residential land opportunities
- Creation of detailed drawings, including sketch layouts and produce masterplans for circa 50-500-unit developments
- Add value through good urban design
- Assist in engagement with local planning authorities and win their support through good design solutions
- Assist in the preparing and submitting planning applications and manage them through the approval process and resolve outstanding items
- Achieve agreed deadlines and timescales
- Co-ordinate and attend project meetings as required
Skills & Requirements
- PT1 Architecture Degree (essential)
- PT2 Postgraduate Architecture / Urban Design qualification / ARB Registration (preferred)
- Knowledge and understanding of the planning and development planning process
- Sound knowledge of the Building Regulations
- Understanding of CDM regulations
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the new build residential development sector
- Designing residential layouts of varying sizes, not only hand drawn sketch format but also be able to transfer the sketch to full AutoCAD planning layouts.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, and Adobe Suite
A competitive salary will be offered, BUPA, Life insurance, payment of Institution fees, discretionary Bonus and contributory pension, 25 days holiday plus public holiday (plus ability to buy/sell days).
Please email your CV and covering note to [email protected] for the attention of Karen Holt.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and our commitment to training and quality of service is reflected in our ISO 9001:2015 quality accreditation.
- Reporting to:
- Business Unit Director
- Dependent on Experience