McBains is seeking an Associate Director/Senior Workplace Consultant to be responsible for the development, management and end-to-end delivery of workplace strategy.
The role will involve creating strategies to help clients make better use of their workspace in terms of efficiency, learnings from pandemic lockdown and user’s needs. To support and enable the optimal design and implementation of sophisticated, flexible working environments, applying business psychology and research of workplace trends to enable clients to design, build and maintain innovative workplaces more cost effectively.
We are committed to helping clients leverage their workplace to enable employees to work more effectively, inspire greater collaboration and a greater sense of community, to attract and retain top talent, and make efficient and effective use of space and environmental resources.
Some UK travel will be required as part of this role.
- To think strategically, articulate client challenges and demonstrate how the workplace strategy can address these
- Support business directors on client communications, preparation, and facilitation of senior level client interviews, workshops, and presentations
- Manage large complex projects including understanding of the commercial aspect, quality of content, managing client expectation and relationship, recognising new opportunities, and managing project resources
- Network externally at events, raise profile capability of the client and recognition in the local market, remain up to date on industry sector trend and challenges
- Assist in developing tools, processes & material to ensure consistent streamline project delivery and continual improvement.
- Promote close working relationships across the group and embrace McBains interdisciplinary consultancy model and mobilise resources from supporting departments as required
- Generate and qualify project opportunities, developing sales strategies, and making sales calls and presentations.
- Build a detailed picture of an organisation’s overall vision and their future space requirements by working closely with the client
- Draw on a range of disciplines to create efficient workplace strategies; architecture, technology, business, economics/finance, surveying, psychology, ergonomics, socio-demographics, statistics
- Understand and explain how business psychology can be applied to the organisation’s advantage.
- Develop sophisticated programmes to ensure staff buy into their new space and understand how to use it in the best way.
- Balance, align and leverage the physical, organisation and technological roadmaps of an organisation.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelors or master’s degree in architecture, real estate, interior, workplace, environmental psychology, management consulting or workplace
- 10-15 years relevant experience
- Passionate and strong interest in the future of work, behavioural change, technology and digital workplace, good understanding of current market and trends.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of design processes
- Good time management skills to work across multiple projects and deadlines effectively, often under time pressures
- Proven data analytical skills and ability to distinguish emerging themes from data/research material
- Ability to undertake client stakeholder sessions/ run client workshops
- Knowledge of HR/ IT/ Resource management from a client perspective
- Knowledge of/ view of impact of pandemic on future work patterns
- Knowledge and ability to use analytical and problem-solving techniques
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Proficiency in Autodesk products (AutoCAD, Revit) and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign)
- Ability to complete tasks and produce deliverables independently
The above provides an outline of the role and responsibilities required at present. This is not a comprehensive list and other tasks will be required as the role progresses.
Commensurate with experience and skills/ expertise.
For the full job description or to apply, please email your CV and covering note to [email protected] for the attention of Karen Holt.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and our commitment to training and quality of service is reflected in our ISO 9001:2015 quality accreditation.
- Reporting to:
- Business Unit Director/Director of Workplace
- Permanent, full-time
- Dependent on experience