McBains is currently recruiting for an experienced Bid Manager to be based at our London office.
The successful candidate will assist the Commercial Director in the day to day activities in coordinating and delivering the company’s bid submission strategy, demonstrating good knowledge and understanding of the property market with a proven track record of managing multiple projects with time-critical deadlines.
- To prepare, write, coordinate and collate bids, submissions, brochures and presentations on behalf of the company. Where directed and in consultation with the Commercial Director and Bid Director, prepare and write responses to non-technical questions within bid submissions and brochures.
- Project manage the preparation of bid submissions to meet the published submission deadlines. Coordinate Company Personnel to prepare technical responses.
- To track and monitor bid submissions, establish and record the result, formulate any “lessons learned”, fee scoring and technical feedback and communicate within the company. Refine future bids in response to any feedback in consultation with the Commercial Director.
- To monitor and distribute framework opportunities (such as CCS Framework) and OJEUs to relevant McBains staff daily. Oversee and co-ordinate the “bid”/”no bid” decision making process, including the successful preparation and “sign-off” of the Selectivity Matrix on any qualifying bids.
- To update the CRM database with new client contacts, prospects and opportunities.
- To manage the bid library with the creation and updating of CVs, case studies, sector brochures, policies and “stock answers to submission questions”.
- To carry out market research
- To to assist with the production of new marketing literature when required.
- To update the Business Winning section of the Intranet in collaboration and consultation with others.
- To participate and assist on the Business Winning Working Group, taking the Minutes and providing administrative support to assist the operations of the Group.
- Manage and co-ordinate the communications, action points and timely delivery of information between company personnel and any external Bid Directors or consultant.
Skills & Requirements
- Degree educated
- Certified to APMP Foundation or Practitioner Level would be an advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of BID Management principles
- Knowledge of Intranet & company website.
- General knowledge of U.K. Construction Industry and McBains Limited.
- Project management/organisation skills
- Communication Skills
- Administration Skills
- MS Office, Microsoft Dynamics CRM & Adobe InDesign.
- Time management skills.
Please email your CV and covering note to [email protected] for the attention of Anthony Coumidis.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and our commitment to training and quality of service is reflected in our ISO 9001:2015 quality accreditation.
- Reporting to:
- Commercial Director