Due to continued growth, McBains is currently recruiting for a Bid Writer to be based at our London office.
The successful candidate will have proven skills in producing and editing proposal content within a complex business environment. The proposal writer will be experienced in leading bid briefing and strategy sessions, participating in key review meetings / final document review, content sign off and document production. Experience of coordinating and updating a knowledge base system is beneficial.
- Lead bid strategy sessions with bid / proposal team members and key stakeholders
- Writing tenders and bids based on instruction and detailed information from technical experts and knowledge holders (normally professional services experts and Directors), referring back to them for editing and final approval, leading to increased success in winning contracts
- Project manage the completion of individual tender applications when appropriate, including:
- Maintaining an awareness of contracts due for tender and taking responsibility for acquiring pre-qualification questionnaires and tender documentation.
- Negotiating contributions from other specialists and researchers and allocating appropriate deadlines for completion.
- Collating the input of disparate contributions to create a coherent and well structured final bid proposal.
- Ensuring the timely submission of bid proposals and fee offers.
- Writing up new approaches to service provision in a manner that will support their marketing and/or attractiveness to potential clients.
- Developing and maintaining a library of tender document templates and “stock answers”. To act as a reference point for other staff involved in the bidding process and to ensure a unified and consistent approach to proposals in accordance with the company’s brand positioning and “tone of voice”.
- Ability to coach sales teams and professional services experts in writing best practice
- Excellent communicator
- A high attention to detail with an excellent editing and proofing ability
- Excellent literacy skills, with an extensive vocabulary
- Possibly a journalism background
- Deadline driven with effective time management skills
- Thrive in a busy environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload
- Experience in the professional services sector
- Proven bid team involvement and can demonstrate effective bid writing skills
- Degree educated (ideally English Literature) or journalistic / professional writing background.
- Certified to APMP Foundation or Practitioner Level.
- Advanced MS Word skills & proficient in MS Office.
Please email your CV and covering note to [email protected] for the attention of Gareth Hird.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and our commitment to training and quality of service is reflected in our ISO 9001:2008 quality accreditation.
- Reporting to:
- Group Bid Manager / Commercial Director