This is an exciting role within our London based Bid Team to be a key part of the growth of our company. You will be responsible for devising “win-themes”, coordinating inputs from our supply chain, creating draft responses, liaising with suppliers and partners for reviews and producing final responses, written to a high standard. You will also take ownership of our library of responses, including company CVs and case studies, re-writing them to improve their impact.
You will produce professionally written proposal content that clearly articulates the company’s value proposition and in accordance with the McBains brand “tone of voice”.
This important role requires an ability to work under pressure and to demanding deadlines and, ideally, you will be able to demonstrate a track-record of thriving in a busy environment.
- Writing tenders and bids based on instruction and detailed information from technical experts and knowledge holders (normally professional services experts and Directors), referring back to them for editing and final approval, leading to increased success in winning contracts
- Project manage the completion of individual tender applications when appropriate
- Maintaining an awareness of contracts due for tender and taking responsibility for acquiring pre-qualification questionnaires and tender documentation.
- Negotiating contributions from other specialists and researchers and allocating appropriate deadlines for completion.
- Collating the input of disparate contributions to create a coherent and well structured final bid proposal.
- Ensuring the timely submission of bid proposals and fee offers.
- Writing up new approaches to service provision in a manner that will support their marketing and/or attractiveness to potential clients.
- Lead bid strategy sessions with bid / proposal team members and key stakeholders
- Proactively develop and manage a network of professional services experts
- Assist the Bid Manager in developing a proposal structure
- Identify and re-work existing pre-written content where relevant
- Deliver completed written proposal responses to the Bid Manager against agreed RFP deadlines, escalating issues as required
- Re-write / edit proposal responses from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, technical / product teams, finance, commercial, legal and delivery
- To coach sales teams and professional services experts in writing best practice
- Developing and maintaining a library of tender document templates and “stock answers”. To act as a reference point for other staff involved in the bidding process and to ensure a unified and consistent approach to proposals in accordance with the company’s brand positioning and “tone of voice”.
Skills & Requirements
- Degree educated (ideally English Literature) or journalistic / professional writing background.
- Certified to APMP Foundation or Practitioner Level.
- Advanced MS Word skills & proficient in MS Office.
- Ideally 3 to 5 years’ experience as a bid writer in construction
- Ideally has worked in a consultancy environment
- A high attention to detail with an excellent editing and proofing ability
- Excellent literacy skills, with an extensive vocabulary
- Deadline driven with effective time management skills
- Thrive in a busy environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload
- Experience in the professional services sector
- Proven bid team involvement
- Can demonstrate effective bid writing skills
A competitive salary will be offered, BUPA, Life insurance, payment of Institution fees, discretionary Bonus and contributory pension, 25 days holiday plus public holiday (plus ability to buy/sell days).
Please email your CV and covering note to [email protected] for the attention of Karen Holt.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and our commitment to training and quality of service is reflected in our ISO 9001:2015 quality accreditation.
- Reporting to:
- Bid Manager / Commercial Director