McBains is seeking a Building Information Management (BIM) Lead. The role will be a combination of company-wide strategic direction and compliance, business development and project BIM management.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our team in London to develop and maintain integrated, sustainable and effective BIM solutions.
- Renewal of BIM accreditation – overseeing and supporting our accreditation process
- Keep up to date with changes to ISO/ certification requirements
- Carry out project audits/ reviews
- Monitor and manage training needs/ content
- Seek out new software/ technology and evaluate against our current requirements/ ways of working
- Keeping our templates up to date
- Responding to bids which require BIM input
- Seeking out opportunities within existing and new Clients to offer BIM advisory services
Project Specific Role – BIM Information Manager/ Coordinator:
- Managing the processes and procedures for information exchange on projects
- Initiating and implementing the Project Information Plan and Asset Information Plan
- Assisting in preparation of Project Outputs, such as data drops
- Implementation of the BIM Protocol, including the updating of the MPDT
- Establish and Manage Common Data Environment
- Initiate, agree and implement the Project Information Plan and Asset Information Plan
- Collaborative working, information exchange and project team management
Skills & Requirements
- Collaboration/ knowledge of multiple disciplines
- Architectural or engineering background
- Leadership skills
- Persistence and determination
- Ability to use your initiative
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Business management skills
- Ability to organise your time and workload
- Be flexible and open to change
- An expert understanding of BIM computer systems and applications, specifically Autodesk Revit, Synchro, Causeway, Microsoft Project, One-Click, MEP specific software
Commensurate with experience and skills/ expertise.
For the full job description or to apply, please email your CV and covering note to [email protected] for the attention of Karen Holt.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and our commitment to training and quality of service is reflected in our ISO 9001:2015 quality accreditation.
- Reporting to:
- Operations Director
- Permanent, full-time
- Dependent on experience