McBains is seeking a new Director to lead our ESG/ Carbon Transformation initiative. The individual will be responsible for the delivery of the Carbon Transformation/ ESG route map which they will develop with the MD/ OD in alignment with the wider growth targets at McBains.
- Energy audits (BS EN 16247)
Defining scope of audit (also known as surveys or assessments), energy data collection and analysis, site visits, analysis (energy conservation and efficiency measures), reporting and Action Planning.
- Energy Saving Opportunities Scheme (ESOS)
Qualification determination, calculation of energy consumption, identification of significant energy use, agreeing sampling approach, auditing, support with Evidence Pack and final review.
- Energy management support (ISO50001 Framework)
Initial reviews, Senior Management commitment support, Energy Policy Development, Energy Strategy formulation, target and objective setting, M&T and continual improvement.
- Energy training and behaviour change
Awareness/Motivation programme planning, programme design and delivery, technology specific training, energy auditing training.
- Carbon foot printing/greenhouse gas (GHG) inventory
Defining methodology, setting operational and organisational boundaries, data collection and verification, calculating emissions (use of appropriate factors) and reporting.
- Carbon management plan and strategy advice
Initial reviews and diagnosis, setting a baseline, targets and objectives, ‘Business As Usual’ forecasting, creating a live project register, tool/model development, gaining internal support, developing an Action Plan and reporting.
- Corporate and mandatory reporting support
Reviews of reporting requirements, data gathering and verification, report production and validation.
Capacity building (knowledge and ability transfer), tools/model training, project development training, validation and sustaining the change.
- Renewable energy feasibility assessments
- Technical appraisal and feasibility studies, economic assessments, review of current legislation and incentives available, business case development and funding application review and support.
- Combined heat and power (CHP) feasibility assessments and CHPQA support
- Reviews. Existing CHP operational reviews, new CHP feasibility studies, CHPQA assessment and application support, determination of incentives available, business case development.
- District Heating systems
- Strategy. Strategy development, stakeholder identification and communications, opportunity identification and appraisal.
Skills & Requirements
The individual must be an expert in the area of ESG/ carbon transformation already, with in depth knowledge of net zero legislation and policy, lifecycle methodology and overlaying carbon management onto that process. They must be experienced at Client engagement at senior/ board level within target organisations, business development as well as delivery of carbon and energy management strategies.
Commensurate with experience and skills/ expertise.
For the full job description or to apply, please email your CV and covering note to [email protected] for the attention of Karen Holt.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and our commitment to training and quality of service is reflected in our ISO 9001:2015 quality accreditation.
- Reporting to:
- Managing Director / Operations Director
- Permanent, full-time
- Dependent on experience