McBains is seeking an outstanding project management professional at Director level to win and deliver projects across a range of sectors. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the market, be keen to secure new clients through their connections to form a pipeline of opportunity, have detailed knowledge and practical experience of writing winning bids and be technically capable of managing a team to profitably deliver projects to clients’ highest expectations.
- Demonstrate expertise in your chosen market sector or sectors and develop strong relationships with clients and members of cross-functional teams
- Seek out and secure new work opportunities with new and existing clients and working alongside others in the team to develop and secure new opportunities
- Support the Bid Team in providing successful submissions
- Ensure projects are managed to the highest quality standards and are completed efficiently and on time
- Ensure reporting on project progress is accurate and timely and is in accordance with McBains quality governance procedures
- Oversee a team of Project Managers, assisting them with their projects as well as mentoring and developing their careers
Skills & Requirements
- Degree and relevant professional qualification (e.g., MRICS, MCIOB, MAPM)
- Understand the roles of development management and project management and their application throughout the building lifecycle
- Significant experience in a management role within a similar leading consultancy or other relevant business
- Expert in private mixed-use development, residential developments including BtR, new office developments or other major sectors
- Demonstrable success in winning new work and growing client relationships
- Excellent communication, planning and organisation skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet tight targets
- Strong technical ability, commercial acuity, financially literate and comfortable controlling cost and risk
- Demonstrable track record in successfully delivering complex projects
- Fully conversant with established project delivery methodologies
- Excellent working knowledge of JCT and NEC contracts
- Able to travel to the London office 2-3 times a week and across the UK as needed to meet business requirements
Commensurate with experience and skills/ expertise.
For the full job description or to apply, please email your CV and covering note to [email protected] for the attention of Karen Holt.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and our commitment to training and quality of service is reflected in our ISO 9001:2015 quality accreditation.
- Reporting to:
- Business Unit Director
- Permanent, full-time
- Dependent on experience