McBains is seeking a Smart Buildings Engineer to lead on Smart Building and Building Optimisation works with a principle focus on delivery of solutions, work generation, client relationships and developing the Digital Buildings brand.
In addition to this client facing role, you will be expected to participate in project technical design and review and provide technical guidance to senior and junior designers to ensure that the level of service quality provided to clients establishes the team as the consultant of choice in this field.
- Lead clients in technical solutions to their smart buildings needs
- Meet with new potential clients and assist in converting their vision and needs, into digital building briefs
- Work with existing international based clients and grow the existing relationship we already have. Maintain client relationships and securing of repeat business
- Participate in business related activities (non-Project)
- Participate in developing the Digital and Smart buildings sector offering
- Co-ordination of smart building and controls design with other building services disciplines and with external parties such as architect or client delivery teams
- Feed into and provide direction other digital disciplines of ICT and physical security, where required
- Co-ordinate with contractors and manufacturers both on technical and a sales level
- Participate and assist other engineers in developing in project activities including design, specification and documentation
- Ensure that Quality System is implemented and maintained on projects
- Undertake Building Optimisation studies
- Take part in personal and professional development training as required
- Writing of Specifications
- Site supervision of building services and specialist services installations
- Prepare co-ordinate design intents
- Execute trouble shooting exercises associated with energy consumption and the provision of suitable internal conditions, surveys, reports, schedules and dilapidations and feasibility reports
- Prepare planned maintenance specifications, planning of maintenance specifications, planning of maintenance procedures and contract management and reporting
- Manage building services delivery on projects
- Financially manage and report projects you are responsible for
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelors or master’s degree in building services engineering
- Membership of appropriate professional body (preferable)
- 8+ years relevant experience
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good time management skills to work across multiple projects and deadlines effectively, often under time pressures
A competitive salary will be offered, BUPA, Life insurance, payment of Institution fees, discretionary Bonus and contributory pension, 25 days holiday plus public holiday (plus ability to buy/sell days).
For the full job description or to apply, please email your CV and covering note to [email protected] for the attention of Karen Holt.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and our commitment to training and quality of service is reflected in our ISO 9001:2015 quality accreditation.
- Reporting to:
- Associate Director
- Permanent, full-time
- Dependent on experience