We are seeking an experienced designer with a background in large scale housing, master planning, and working with developers. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding team of specialist residential architects and urban designers. Our wide and varied client base includes well known PLC developers to smaller bespoke housebuilders, working on high profile low to medium rise projects primarily in the south and midlands. We have developed an outstanding reputation amongst our clients and are often called upon to unlock the more complex and challenging sites. We have a passion for high quality design and placemaking and are always very conscious that each dwelling we design will become someone’s home and must therefore be treated with the utmost care at design stage.
Some UK travel will be required as part of this role.
- Prepare design led layouts and solutions for viability purposes
- Creation of detailed drawings, including sketch layouts and masterplans for developments typically between 50 to 500 units, occasionally 1000+ including mixed use settlements
- Add value through good urban design
- Engage with local planning authorities and win their support through good design solutions
- Prepare and submit planning applications and manage them through the approval process and resolve outstanding items
- Achieve agreed deadlines and timescales
- Maintain approved drawings through the build process and deal with build issues
- Co-ordinate and attend pre-start and other departmental meetings as required
- Ability to manage different projects at the same time to meet deadlines and requirements
- Client management and liaison
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum HNC in Building Studies or Architectural Construction
- Prefer Post-Graduate in Architecture and Urban Design
- Knowledge and understanding of Building Regulations and the planning process
- Sound knowledge of the Building Regulations and a good working knowledge of AutoCAD is essential
- Understanding of CDM regulations
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience working in the new build residential development sector
- Designing residential layouts of varying sizes, not only hand drawn sketch format but also be able to transfer the sketch to full AutoCAD planning layouts
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit
- Hand drafting skills desirable
- Adobe illustrator/InDesign/Photoshop desirable
- Team-player who can also work independently
- Excellent communication skills
A competitive salary will be offered, BUPA, Life insurance, payment of Institution fees, discretionary Bonus and contributory pension, 25 days holiday plus public holiday (plus ability to buy/sell days).
Please email your CV and covering note to [email protected] for the attention of Karen Holt.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and our commitment to training and quality of service is reflected in our ISO 9001:2015 quality accreditation.
- Reporting to:
- Business Unit Director
- Dependent on Experience