We are seeking motivated Structural Engineers to join our growing Structures team and work in a wide range of sectors (residential, industrial, commercial, etc). The candidates will take responsibility for the day to day running of a number of projects, reporting to the Director and Associate Director in the team and attending Client and project meetings. We typically get involved with structural works through all the RIBA design stages, undertaking work from masterplanning stage through to detailed design stage in a variety of materials. The candidates should be proficient in the design of all major structural materials and possess a sound knowledge of construction methods, health and safety, and legal regulations.
- Undertake concept scheme calculations and sketches
- Undertake detailed structural engineering design for reinforced concrete, steel and timber structures. Experience in masonry design desirable
- Prepare mark-ups and liaise with REVIT Technicians in preparation of BIM Level 2 compliant REVIT models and drawings
- Undertake and/or assist in the preparation of structural reports and RIBA Stage reports
- Attend site visits, client and design team meetings
- Liaise with other members of the design team to assist with design development
Skills & Requirements
- Chartered or near chartered
- Must have experience in designing to the Eurocodes
- Experience in Robot, Tekla and REVIT desirable. Experience of using Finite Element Analysis packages is essential
- Interest in using Digital Engineering tools like Rhino and Grasshopper. Experience not essential – training can be provided
A competitive salary will be offered, BUPA, Life insurance, payment of Institution fees, discretionary Bonus and contributory pension, 25 days holiday plus public holiday (plus ability to buy/sell days).
Please email your CV and covering note to [email protected] for the attention of Karen Holt.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and our commitment to training and quality of service is reflected in our ISO 9001:2015 quality accreditation.
- Reporting to: