McBains is seeking a new Technical Director to develop our offering in the workplace strategy and solutions sector.
A key focus will be the development, leadership and delivery of the sector business plan including management of a significant client base both existing and new. Reporting to the Business Unit Director and MD/ OD, the role holder will be responsible for working for this area of the business as well as reviewing projects with a national remit.
- Development, leadership and delivery of the sector business plan for the region including management of significant client base both current and future
- Take a prominent role in delivering the sector business plan (nationally)
- Co-ordination of resources and ensuring staff capabilities are sufficient
- Identify potential clients and liaise with the Director/MD/OD to define market and client development strategies
- Ensure bids submitted reflect client requirements and are prepared and submitted in compliance with McBains procedures and incorporate legal and commercial reviews as appropriate
- Mobilise resources from supporting departments as required
- Develop and maintain departmental systems and procedures
- Promote close working across the group
- Line management responsibility for a team. Responsible for employee development through the Performance Development Review (PDR) process. Ensuring Training Plans are completed and followed up as appropriate.
The above provides an outline of the role and responsibilities required at present. This is not a comprehensive list and other tasks will be required as the role progresses.
Skills & Requirements
The right candidate will be well known in the industry and in the workplace arena, with strong knowledge of current thinking around real estate from a workplace strategy perspective, able to help executives within large global corporate Clients deal with all things related to their workplaces, from HR, IT and finance/ operations through to business culture, diversity and inclusion and space to support high performance teams.
Experience should include:
- Real estate planning
- Workplace strategy
- Workplace transformation
- Portfolio optimization
- Space planning
- Design & material selection
- Facilities management integration
- Change management
- Project programming
- Procurement and delivery
- Degree level minimum
- Min of 10-15 yrs
- Excellent presentation/communication skills
- Knowledge of design processes
- Ability to undertake Client stakeholder sessions/ run Client workshops
- Knowledge of HR/ IT/ Resource management form a Client perspective
- Knowledge of/ view of impact of Covid on future work patterns
- Post-Graduate/ Master level
- Previous experience of a client side organisation
Commensurate with experience and skills/ expertise.
For the full job description or to apply, please email your CV and covering note to [email protected] for the attention of Karen Holt.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and our commitment to training and quality of service is reflected in our ISO 9001:2015 quality accreditation.
- Reporting to:
- Business Unit Director/ Managing Director/ Operations Director
- Permanent, full-time
- Dependent on experience