A superb opportunity for a QS Director within the Healthcare sector at our growing international consultancy.
You will be in a senior advisory role on projects of large scope and complexity and be recognised as an industry leader in the Healthcare field. Your role will include team leadership, considerable interaction with clients, people management, financial reporting, business development, bid writing and delivery of the sector business plan.
McBains is a leading property and construction consultancy working on a diverse cross section of projects. Our reputation for excellence has led to an enviable client list across a multitude of sectors.
Whilst we have a huge variety of individual experts, from a range of different disciplines, within the business, it is our collective excellence that makes us stand out from the crowd. Our people work collaboratively, in an inter-discipline way to solve problems, improve quality and drive innovation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with an industry leading team of collaborative professionals with great flexibility and a supportive ethos.
- Demonstrate expertise in the healthcare sector and develop strong relationships with clients and members of cross-functional teams
- Ensure projects are managed to the highest quality standards and are completed efficiently and on time
- Ensure reporting on project progress is accurate and timely and is in accordance with McBains quality governance procedures
- Seek out and secure new work opportunities with new and existing clients and working alongside others in the team to develop and secure new opportunities
- Support the Bid Team in providing successful submissions
- Oversee a team of cost managers, assisting them with their projects as well as mentoring and developing their careers
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in healthcare
- Extensive cost management experience of construction projects
- Experience of managing, leading & growing teams
- Demonstrable track record of winning new work from new clients & repeat work from existing clients
- Experience of successfully delivering complex projects
- Strong client relationships & network of contacts
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- A passion for first class service delivery, implementing best practice and continuous improvement
- Experience in writing successful bids in the healthcare sector
- A desire to motivate, manage and grow teams
- Excellent working knowledge of JCT and NEC contracts
- Chartered professional qualification (FRICS or MRICS)
- Experience at a leadership level in a comparative business
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
A competitive salary will be offered, private medical insurance, Life insurance, payment of Institution fees, discretionary Bonus and contributory pension, 27 days holiday plus public holiday (plus ability to buy/sell days).
For full job description or to apply, please email your CV and covering note to [email protected] for the attention of Karen Holt.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and our commitment to training and quality of service is reflected in our ISO 9001:2015 quality accreditation.
- Reporting to:
- Permanent, full-time