We are looking for talented and experienced Part 2 and 3 Architectural Assistants to join our team.
McBains is a leading property and construction consultancy working on a diverse cross section of projects. Our reputation for excellence has led to an enviable client list across a multitude of sectors.
Whilst we have a huge variety of individual experts, from a range of different disciplines, within the business, it is our collective excellence that makes us stand out from the crowd. Our people work collaboratively, in an inter-discipline way to solve problems, improve quality and drive innovation.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a talented team. Candidates should have experience working across a range of sectors with a strong eye for design.
- To prepare, develop and edit, under the guidance of the project lead, drawings, models, images, and other documents relating to the design such as schedules, issue sheets, etc
- To contribute, or assist, as required by the project lead, in the creative design of projects
- Undertake plan checks to ensure maintenance of high standards of project delivery
- Ensure all architectural guidelines and standards are met
- Have a good knowledge of building regulations, British standards, construction materials/methods, and engineering processes
- Communicate effectively with clients, suppliers, and other professionals
Skills & Requirements
- Knowledge of the design development process and RIBA Stages
- Knowledge of the planning process and Building Regulations
- Strong graphic ability in producing CGI’s, Illustrations and diagrams
- Assisting the Project or Senior Architect in preparing works packages, drawings, imagery, schedules and presentations
- Knowledge of BIM and use of Revit essential. Revit test will be required
A competitive salary will be offered, car allowance, BUPA, Life insurance, payment of RIBA fees, discretionary Bonus and contributory pension, 25 days holiday plus public holiday (plus ability to buy/sell days).
Please email your CV and covering note to [email protected] for the attention of Karen Holt.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and our commitment to training and quality of service is reflected in our ISO 9001:2015 quality accreditation.
- Reporting to:
- Associate Director / Director
- Permanent, full-time
- Dependent on experience