We are seeking a senior architect with experience of running large scale projects (£50m plus) for a single client through delivery stages (RIBA 4 to 6), ideally with experience in the following sectors:
- Commercial Offices
- Scientific/ research facilities
McBains is a leading property and construction consultancy working on a diverse cross section of projects. Our reputation for excellence has led to an enviable client list across a multitude of sectors.
Whilst we have a huge variety of individual experts, from a range of different disciplines, within the business, it is our collective excellence that makes us stand out from the crowd. Our people work collaboratively, in an inter-discipline way to solve problems, improve quality and drive innovation.
This is an excellent opportunity for a senior architect to join a talented team.
- Preparing and presenting design proposals to the client
- Ensuring that all deadlines are met to a great standard of work
- Liaising with other clients, contractors and other professionals
- Resolve problems and issues that arise
Skills & Requirements
- All round experience but with a specific focus on technical delivery, construction documentation, across all relevant RIBA Stages
- Comfortable leading internal and external design teams, liaising with statutory stakeholder and client relationship management
- Ability to direct or coordinate work efforts of supporting architectural staff.
- Collaborative and professional work ethic
- Knowledge of BIM level 2and use of Revit essential. Revit test will be required.
- Ability to develop and enhance Client relationships
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint essential
A competitive salary will be offered, car allowance, BUPA, Life insurance, payment of RIBA fees, discretionary Bonus and contributory pension, 25 days holiday plus public holiday (plus ability to buy/sell days).
Please email your CV and covering note to [email protected] for the attention of Karen Holt.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and our commitment to training and quality of service is reflected in our ISO 9001:2015 quality accreditation.
- Reporting to:
- Associate Director / Director
- Permanent, full-time
- Dependent on experience