We are seeking an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Thames Valley team.
Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years PQE experience working within a consultancy or client-side office including carrying out an employer’s agent and/or project management role whilst working on variety of projects. Ideally you should have experience within the Industrial sector and dealing directly with client organisations.
The role will involve travel to sites in and around the M25. The successful candidate will report direct to the Business Unit Directors and whilst working as part of a wider team, would be expected to support and manage junior staff.
- Responsible for the delivery of entire projects
- Responsible for the development of cost management strategy and delivery
- Establishing effective processes and systems to be utilized throughout projects
- Producing cost plans and cost reports
- Manage risk processes and value management
- Tracking and documenting changes
- Preparing written project communication materials
- Preparing formal project progress and other reports
- Work with supply chain and implement effective procurement
- Liaising with the client, contractors and designers
- Responsible for managing sub-consultants and construction managers
- Attending and chairing meetings
- Good understanding of NEC and JCT Form of Contracts
Skills & Requirements
- Possess a strong track record of delivering projects
- Be conversant in medium/large project delivery
- Understand the market, contractors and stakeholders in delivering a diverse range of projects
- Be familiar with supply chains
- Have experience of working with design teams
- Have experience of working within an inter-disciplinary organisation
- Must be professionally qualified in Quantity Surveying (MRICS)
A competitive salary will be offered, car allowance, BUPA, Life insurance, payment of RICS fees, discretionary Bonus and contributory pension, 24 days holiday plus public holiday (plus ability to buy/sell days).
For full job description or to apply, please email your CV and covering note to [email protected] for the attention of Karen Holt.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and our commitment to training and quality of service is reflected in our ISO 9001:2015 quality accreditation.
- Reporting to:
- Permanent, full time
- Dependent on experience