An exciting opportunity for an experienced design engineer to further develop their career, assisting with the management and development of our growing mechanical engineering design team in London.
- Prepare designs for the full range of mechanical, public health and associated specialist services
- Writing of specifications
- Site supervise mechanical, electrical and associated specialist services installations (undertaken by others)
- Prepare co-ordinate design intent drawings
- Prepare ‘as fitted’ drawings and operating and maintenance manuals
- Relevant contributions to the ongoing development of health and safety plans and files
- Execute trouble shooting exercises associated with energy consumption and the provision of suitable internal conditions, surveys, reports, schedules and dilapidations and feasibility reports
- Prepare planned maintenance specifications, planning of maintenance specifications, planning of maintenance procedures and contract management and reporting
- Manage mechanical building services delivery on projects
- Maintain client relationships and securing of repeat business
- Financially manage and report projects you are responsible for
- Active participation in the development of individual team members, including advancement/ successive planning
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelors or master’s degree in building services engineering (mechanical) design (preferable)
- 8+ years relevant experience
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good time management skills to work across multiple projects and deadlines effectively, often under time pressures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Proficiency in TAS design software, Cymap, Revit/MagiCAD Software etc., Navis Works, Cyspace
- Ability to complete tasks and produce deliverables independently
A competitive salary will be offered, BUPA, Life insurance, payment of Institution fees, discretionary Bonus and contributory pension, 25 days holiday plus public holiday (plus ability to buy/sell days).
For the full job description or to apply, please email your CV and covering note to [email protected] for the attention of Karen Holt.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and our commitment to training and quality of service is reflected in our ISO 9001:2015 quality accreditation.
- Reporting to:
- Associate Director
- Permanent, full-time
- Dependent on experience