McBains is seeking a senior sustainability engineer who is passionate and dedicated to providing the best energy efficient solutions, to join our Building Services Engineering team.
You will support the development of sustainability strategies and net zero carbon roadmaps, help our clients to meet their sustainability ambitions, designing sustainable buildings to reduce energy and CO2 emissions. You will work closely with MEPH building services designers, architects and structural engineers to give technical advice on low carbon building strategies and undertake energy analysis to ensure compliance with Part L and beyond.
- Preparation of design and site supervision of mechanical and electrical building services with regard to recommendations with energy efficient design.
- Carrying out Part L calculations and simulation/building modelling to determine suitability of systems and fabric
- Dynamic thermal modelling of buildings
- Part L – SBEM Calculations and advise design team of implications
- Part L – SAP calculations and advise design team of implications
- EPC for commercial and residential buildings
- Carry out overheating risk assessments (CIBSE TM52, TM59, BB101)
- Reviewing and advising design team on low carbon and renewable technology
- Value engineering analysis
- Added value to the design
- Carry out troubleshooting exercises associated with energy consumption and the provision of suitable internal conditions, surveys, reports, schedules of dilapidation and feasibility reports.
- Preparing Sustainability and energy reports for projects in accordance with local authorities requirements (including GLA)
- Integrate with design team to engineer practical solutions
- Heating and cooling peak loads calculations
- Parametric environmental design assessment
- Payback calculations
- Ability to help delivering environmental assessments such as BREEAM (Ene01-04 credits; Hea01-04 credits)
- Carry out daylight analysis
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelors or master’s degree in building services engineering design or energy (preferable)
- 8+ years relevant experience
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good time management skills to work across multiple projects and deadlines effectively, often under time pressures
- Good knowledge of Passivhaus principles and methodologies to be applied into projects
- Proficient in TAS/IES design software, In-Use energy modelling (TM54), PHPP tool
A competitive salary will be offered, BUPA, Life insurance, payment of Institution fees, discretionary Bonus and contributory pension, 25 days holiday plus public holiday (plus ability to buy/sell days).
For the full job description or to apply, please email your CV and covering note to [email protected] for the attention of Karen Holt.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and our commitment to training and quality of service is reflected in our ISO 9001:2015 quality accreditation.
- Reporting to:
- Associate Director
- Permanent, full-time
- Dependent on experience