An exciting opportunity for an experienced senior cost management professional to join our vibrant London Cost Management team.
Ideally, the candidate will have a minimum of 7+ years’ experience, be self-motivated and confident in a client facing role managing multiple projects and clients within the residential, education and healthcare sectors.
Extensive pre- and post-contract experience is required, as well as knowledge and experience of working with residential developers, local authorities, universities, and healthcare Trusts. Some UK travel may be required as part of this role.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be involved in the mentoring of colleagues, work with graduates and trainees, and contribute to our established APC training programme.
- Day-to-day delivery of projects
- Positively engaging with Clients and developing, growing and maintaining Client relationships.
- Developing the cost management strategy and delivery
- Establishing effective processes and systems to be utilised throughout the project
- Producing cost plans, feasibilities and optioneering
- Collation and issue of cost reports
- Change Management assessment, tracking and reporting
- Manage Risk processes and Value Management
- Work with supply chain and implement effective procurement
- Liaising with the client, contractors, and designers
- Managing sub-consultants and Construction Managers
- Attending and chairing meetings
Skills & Requirements
- 7+ years’ experience
- Excellent verbal, numerical and report/proposal writing skills
- Excellent people skills and communicator, both with client teams and team based
- Commercially astute with good negotiation skills
- Flexible and can work to deadlines
- Ability to successfully manage and prioritise multiple projects and different stages of delivery
- Be conversant in large project delivery (up to £100m)
- JCT and NEC experience
- BTR experience
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary organisation
- Assisting in the development of new business opportunities with existing and new clients.
- Identifying and acting upon cross-selling opportunities
- Microsoft office proficiency
A competitive salary will be offered, BUPA, Life insurance, payment of Institution fees, discretionary Bonus and contributory pension, 25 days holiday plus public holiday (plus ability to buy/sell days).
Please email your CV and covering note to [email protected] for the attention of Karen Holt.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and our commitment to training and quality of service is reflected in our ISO 9001:2015 quality accreditation.
- Reporting to:
- Director of Cost Management
- Permanent, full-time
- Dependent on Experience