An exciting opportunity has arisen for an MEP Cost/Senior Cost Manager, to join our busy Cost Management team in our London office. Supporting our clients to deliver projects and programmes across a variety of sectors.
The position will be to lead on the Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) specific deliverables within a larger project or leading direct MEP commissions, such as asset upgrade works.
The individual must be self-motivated and Client facing (both internal & external) with the ability to manage multiple projects and clients. This will involve establishing early budgets, early estimating, and cost planning, managing a design team to the budget, tendering and procurement (single and two stage) and post contract reporting to the Client. The role will also include management of and working with other Assistant Cost Managers and Cost Managers within the team.
A good knowledge of MEP systems and supply chain is fundamental with the ability to work both collaboratively but robustly with any main contractor and their MEP supply chain.
The successful candidate will be expected to mentor colleagues, help develop and advance our MEP digital systems & tools, promote MEP within McBains and engage with the MEP community (engineers, contractors, manufacturers etc).
- Assisting on feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan to internal & external clients
- Tendering (single and two stage) and procuring, including managing the pre-qualification stage
- Dealing effectively with post contract cost variations and the change control processes
- Taking personal responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations on larger projects and in all cases ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place
- Producing monthly post contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Inputting into value engineering
- Negotiating and agreeing final accounts
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Where appropriate, leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities
Skills & Requirements
- 7+ years’ experience
- MEP cost management experience
- MEP qualifications
- Experience in delivering MEP elements of work for clients
- Pre and post contract
- Be conversant in large project delivery (up to £100m)
- Experience of different procurement routes
- Consultancy or contractor background
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary organisation
- Utilising digital software for delivery of cost management services
- Excellent people skills and communicator, both client facing and team based
- Commercially astute with good negotiation skills
- Ability to successfully manage and prioritise multiple projects at different stages of delivery
A competitive salary will be offered, BUPA, Life insurance, payment of Institution fees, discretionary Bonus and contributory pension, 25 days holiday plus public holiday (plus ability to buy/sell days).
Please email your CV and covering note to [email protected] for the attention of Karen Holt.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and our commitment to training and quality of service is reflected in our ISO 9001:2015 quality accreditation.
- Reporting to:
- Director of Cost Management
- Permanent, full-time
- Dependent on Experience