An exciting opportunity for an experienced design engineer to further develop their career, assisting with the management and development of our growing electrical engineering design team in London.
- Prepare designs for the full range of electrical building services inc. small power, lighting, LV systems, fire alarm systems, security systems, CCTV and door access systems, lightning protection assessments and associated specialist services
- Writing of specifications
- Site supervise mechanical, electrical and associated specialist services installations (undertaken by others)
- Prepare co-ordinate design intent/detailed design drawings
- Review ‘as fitted’ drawings and operating and maintenance manuals
- Relevant contributions to the ongoing development of health and safety plans and files
- Execute trouble shooting exercises associated with energy consumption and the provision of suitable internal conditions, surveys, reports, schedules and dilapidations and feasibility reports
- Prepare planned maintenance specifications, planning of maintenance specifications, planning of maintenance procedures and contract management and reporting
- Manage electrical building services delivery on projects
- Maintain client relationships and securing of repeat business
- Financially manage and report projects you are responsible for.
- Active participation in the development of individual team members, including advancement/ successive planning
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelors or master’s degree in building services engineering (electrical) design (preferable)
- Membership of appropriate professional body (preferable)
- 8+ years relevant experience
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good time management skills to work across multiple projects and deadlines effectively, often under time pressures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Proficiency in Cymap, ProDesign Software (Amtech), Dailux/Relux, Cyspace, Revit/MagiCAD Software etc, Navis Works
- Ability to complete tasks and produce deliverables independently
A competitive salary will be offered, BUPA, Life insurance, payment of Institution fees, discretionary Bonus and contributory pension, 25 days holiday plus public holiday (plus ability to buy/sell days).
For the full job description or to apply, please email your CV and covering note to [email protected] for the attention of Karen Holt.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and our commitment to training and quality of service is reflected in our ISO 9001:2015 quality accreditation.
- Reporting to:
- Associate Director
- Permanent, full-time
- Dependent on experience