We are seeking a net zero and sustainability consultant to provide BREEAM, lifecycle cost and carbon analysis and analyses of net zero paths on public and private sector construction projects. This role is suitable for someone with a strong knowledge of sustainability and wider environmental, social and governance issues within the built environment.
- Develop strategies for Net Zero Carbon, building certification, health and well-being and others
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of low carbon technologies
- Oversee environmental assessments of buildings using BREEAM, LEED & WELL
- Provide regular design advice to clients
- Produce data analysis, client presentations and written reports to a high standard
- Support a diverse project portfolio, win new work and build client relationships
- Follow best practice, and alleviate work loads from team members and colleagues as per the business requirements
- Deliver training materials, client engagement and communications.
Skills & Requirements
- A science, engineering, or building-related degree; a building sustainability/energy related MSc
- Passionate about sustainability and net zero with understanding of preparing climate action plans or net zero strategies
- Excellent understanding of the UK construction sector and recent net zero policies and regulations
- Excellent project management skills, understands budgets, timelines, and scope of works
- Preferably from a strong engineering, architectural and science background. Can understand complex calculations and can structure analyses.
- Excellent writing and reading English. Can write proposals, win projects, and communicate with different stakeholder groups
- Ability to undertake calculations and structure ideas in a clear and professional manner
- Experience on carbon emission calculations, operational, embodied, and whole life
- Knowledge of compiling energy use and emissions data
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with BREEAM/LEED and WELL
- Experience of techno-economic analysis
- User of Revit / CAD and construction design software packages
A competitive salary will be offered, BUPA, Life insurance, payment of Institution fees, discretionary Bonus and contributory pension, 25 days holiday plus public holiday (plus ability to buy/sell days).
Please email your CV and covering note to [email protected] for the attention of Karen Holt.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and our commitment to training and quality of service is reflected in our ISO 9001:2015 quality accreditation.
- Reporting to:
- Permanent, full-time