We were heavily involved with this major mixed-use development over a number of years; firstly for original owners SEGRO and then latterly for Patrizia Immobilien.
The business park’s multi-million pound redevelopment has seen the park grow by around 50 per cent to two million square feet, including new offices, a hotel and retail amenities.
The combined Phase 1A and Phase 1B development provided four Grade A office buildings (totalling 460,000 square feet), alongside a 150-bedroom hotel, shops, leisure facilities, café and bar set around a public square and landscaped gardens. The initial phases also delivered two landscaped podium decks, each with 1100 car parking spaces below, a £6 million road improvement scheme and a £2 million footbridge.
Phases 2 comprised the construction of a further 70,000 square feet of offices and the completion of the over podium car park (to provide 1,440 car parking spaces), whilst phase 3 delivered another 90,000 square feet of offices with a 400-space, 5-level car park with associated site infrastructure alteration to allow completion of the works.
All works were negotiated with a single selected contractor using the two stage ProDAC approach.